Anti reflective Coating
- When you wear your glasses, the things you see through the glasses are rays of light that refracts or pass through the lens material and then enter the eyes.
But, do you know that ideally, we don’t have 100% transmission of the rays of light through the glasses. Some part of the rays reflect off the lens surface. When this happens, we don’t see maximally as we should through the glasses, and that is why we carry out a process called anti reflective coating on lens surface.
Anti reflective coating are transparent thin film applied to lens surface to reduce reflection and enhance transmission of light on the lens.
Why you need an AR coating on your lens?
– It increases visual clarity.
– It can help improve driving at night as it eliminates all headlamp lights from incoming vehicle.
– It eliminates reflections others see when looking at your face.
– AR coating can also help you eliminate the glare that comes from computer screens and digital devices which results into less eye strain.
– AR coating can be made to be hydrophobic such that water won’t stay on your glasses. This will be helpful during the rain. We also have oleophilic coating which prevents oils stains on your glasses.
If you don’t use an anti reflective coating on your glasses, you should visit the eye clinic and get a coating on your glasses.
Supreme Vision Cares.