Eye lashes falling out.
It is actually a normal physiologic process to shed eye lashes from the eye ( Eyelashes grow, fall out and replace themselves in a natural cycle every
six to 10 weeks) however, it becomes abnormal when the rate at which eye lashes fall becomes quite rapid and frequent. An abnormal loss of eyelashes is known as a condition called madarosis, and this could mean a sign for an underlying health condition in the eye or other part of the body.
Why Your Eye Lashes May be Falling Out inappropriately
1. Abnormal Use of cosmetics/ make up which includes sleeping in heavy makeup or vigorous removals.
2. Blepharitis – infection of glands and lashes of the eye.
3. Abnormal secretion of thyroid glands.
4. Alopecia – An auto-immune disease that affects hair follicles.
5. Other minor factors also includes nutritional deficiencies,chronic stress, hormone changes ( e.g women entering into menopause )and chronic inflammatory diseases (e.g rheumatoid arthritis);
How To Prevent Eyelash Loss.
To keep the eye lashes healthy, wash your face and eyelids daily with gentle soap and water. Glands in the eyelid naturally lubricate eye lashes, so chemical compounds ( e.g lotions and conditioners) are not necessary unless lashes feel excessively dry. A healthy diet including proteins, fruits, vegetables and sufficient iron will also help with the health and maintenance of long, full eyelashes.
Now you have an idea of what maybe happening to you if you experience eye lash lost, follow the preventive guide above even if you are experiencing any eye lash lost, this is just to keep your eye lashes always healthy.
Supreme Vision cares
Your Vision, Our Vision