Eye twitch ( Eyelid twitch)
Ever experience this phenomenon where your eyelid blinks rapidly and spontaneously and you can’t control the movement. This is technically called myokmia and can be simply described as uncontrolled eyelid spasm.
Most eyelid twitch only last a few minutes but sometimes, eyelid twitch may persist for days. When the eyelid twitches, you tend to think everyone sees the way your eyes blinks but in reality, most eyelid twitches are subtle and not easily seen by others
What causes Eye twitches.
2. Lack of adequate sleep.
3. Eye strain.
4. Use of alcohol, tobacco or caffeine
5. Dry Eyes.
6. Eye irritation.
Is eyelid twitch dangerous?
Eye twitch themselves are not dangerous, you may just need to figure out the possible cause from the aforementioned causes and make possible adjustment, and they will go away without treatment. however, eyelid twitch may become dangerous when you experience it with the following conditions.
– Eyelid twitch with swollen, red eye with unusual discharge.
– The upper eyelid is drooping.
– The eyelid closes completely when the eyelid twitches.
– The twitching continues for several weeks.
– The twitching starts affecting the other parts of the face.
Possible treatment options for eye lid twitch.
Most eyelid twitches go away without treatment in a few days or weeks, but here are our recommendations if you are experiencing eyelid twitch.
– Drink less caffeine
– Get adequate sleep.
– Keep your eye surfaces lubricated.
– Apply a warm compress to the eyes when eye lid twitches.
Your Vision is our Vision.
2, Bouar Close, off Bangui Street, Off Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent Wuse 2, Abuja.