How Smoking Can Affects Your Eyes
Since back in the days, smoking [tobacco ] has been known to be harmful to the health.
The origin of smoking can be traced down to The American-Indians at about 5000BC, however, cigarette was not used habitually or socially, they are only used for ceremonial and ritual purposes.
When the European colonist picked up smoking, it became an addiction, Today, cigarette is commercially produced and has become a poison we have to eat and drink. The cigarettes that are commercially produced today contain lots of additives.
The major components of cigarettes are
2. Toxic gasses
3. Addictive chemicals
4. Cyanide (esp. in tobacco)
ALL OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED COMPONENTS ARE TOXIC TO HUMAN HEALTH AND ITS EFFECT ARE LISTED BELOW
· Smoking causes wrinkles because nicotine constricts blood vessels, restrict circulation to collagen fibers.
· Diabetic patients who are smoking are at very high risk of vascular damage.
· Smoking also increases the risk of disease among diabetics.
· Smoking increases the incidence of cataracts.
· Smokers are predisposed to macular degeneration.
· It contributes to the development of clogged and narrowed arteries (arteriosclerosis) especially in diabetic who smokes.
· Smoking worsens cases of diabetic retinopathy.
· Nicotine and caffeine reduce your immunity level thereby predispose you to diseases.
· Heavy drinking with or without heavy smoking is most often associated with poor nutritional state. This leads to what is medically referred to as Tobacco Amblyopia.* This is also otherwise called Nutritional Amblyopia.* This cause severe loss of central vision
· Some tobaccos are known to contain cyanide. Cyanide is known to deplete vitamins in the body. This results in low vitamin store.
PROFESSIONAL ADVICE TO EASE THE ADVERSE EFFECT OF ALCOHOL ( AND TOBACCO )
For those addicted to smoking and drinking, it is advised they go on supplements that could limit the side effects. These supplement include:
Adequate diet with plenty of water
Please note: This advice is not a panacea for drinking and smoking. This is just a preventive measure. But the best preventive measure is to stay away completely from alcohol and tobacco.
SEEK HELP IF YOU ARE BECOMING AN ADDICT AND ALWAYS HAVE A REGULAR EYE EXAMINATION.
Supreme Vision Cares