Things that are not healthy for your eyes
1. Avoid cigarettes, also avoid second hand smoke [ inhaling the smoke exhaled by a smoker]
2. Avoid self medicated eye drops especially steroid eye drops. [ they can totally damage your eye]
3. Avoid alcohol or reduce its consumption. If you must drink alcohol, why not take red wine. It is more beneficial.
4. Prevent UV light and Infra-red from penetrating your eyes. Use appropriate eye shields.
5. Avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats – These are bad fats and they are not good for
our eye cells and brain cells too. [Hydrogenated fats can be seen in margarine, butter, red meat etc ]
6. Avoid pesticide, preservative, colouring and industrial chemicals.
7. Avoid Stress as much as possible. When you are stressed up, your body consumes so much antioxidant and waste them un-necessarily rather than make a judicious use of them.
8. Avoid tea like coffee. Coffee contains a high quantity of Caffeine. (100 – 150 mg/cup). Caffeine can cause adrenal exhaustion which can lead to chronic fatigue. We recommend green tea or black tea if you have to take coffee at all.
9. Be careful with drugs containing steroids. Steroid drugs increase internal eye pressure in open angle glaucoma. Consult your doctor before taking steroids.
10. Avoid artificial sweeteners and most refined food [ Packaged foods].
Your eyes are esteem organ to you, cultivate habits that will keep prevent your eyes from damage.
Supreme Vision Cares
Your Vision, Our Vision