TIPS TO ACHIEVE HEALTHY EYE.
Here are handful tips on how you can achieve a good eye health just from good diets.
- Consume enough salad.
- Avoid packaged food as much as possible.
- Replace sodas and other packaged drinks with good bottled or filtered water or freshly made juices.
- Drink about six- eight glasses of water daily as it needed to to transport all the nutrients throughout our bodies and help us maintain a constant internal temperature.
- Avoid nuts and chocolate. Nuts and chocolate are rich in essential amino acids called Arginine. Arginine can trigger off herpes on the eyes, lips and elsewhere in the body. So they are not good for your eye health.
- Try to reduce stress. Researches have found out that stress is a major contributor to the development of cataract, heart disease and cancer. This is because stress rapidly uses up circulating and cellular antioxidants like Vitamin A, E, and C that protect the eyes against diseases.
- · Avoid hydrogenated fat and oil produced by some manufacturing companies. Example is margarine made from cottonseed oil, to which bubbled hydrogen (hydrogenated) and nickel have been added to make it solid. Also artificial cheese food, crackers, chips, and many kinds of chips contain hydrogenated fats as well as trans-fats. These trans-fat are damaging to the eyes. Trans-fats block the liver’s functions, including production and release of glutathione. Glutathione is very essential to eye health.
- · Eat plants rich in phytochemicals (Vitamins and Bioflavonoids). Phytochemicals are found at highest concentration in the skin of fruits and vegetables. Phytochemicals help to protect the liver and facilitate blood flow throughout the body including brain and the eye (retina).
- Avoid artificial sweeteners. Most of them contain neurotoxins. They can damage the optic nerves in the eyes as well as other nervous tissues in the body.
- Stop smoking. And for non-smokers, try to avoid second-hand smoke( passive smoking). The smoke cause excessive dehydration of your tear film. The tear film is essential for the eyes to stay healthy. Lack of tear film in the eyes can cause dry eye that can lead to blindness.
- Avoid excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. The caffeine in it could cause retinal problems and dehydration of tear film.
- Always get enough sleep. Your eyes, even body, heal themselves mostly while you sleep. So you can wake up refreshed.
While food will always be more nutritious than pills, there are oceans of evidence that we can neutralize eye diseases through nutrition and supplementation. Remember that the eyes are extension of the whole body. Anything you put into your body, good or bad, you are also putting into your eyes. Small changes in our lifestyle today can have great impact overtime.
In addition to getting regular eye check up, we highly recommend you also pay attention to what you eat so as to stay healthy!
Supreme Vision cares.
Supreme Vision Eye Clinic,
Your Vision, Our Vision.
♦ 2, Bouar Close, Off Bangui Street, Off Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent Wuse 2, Abuja.
♦ Mobiles : +234 808 586 1111 , +234 803 314 6169.